Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Summer Streaks By


Homemade Hummus made by the guy who grew up in Jordan
Meanwhile, I think it was still back in the days of spring that HM and I traveled with some friends to a Middle Eastern meal arranged as a fund-raiser by their son (who is one-half Middle-Eastern descent [If you make interpretations here, you will understand that one of the friends with whom we traveled grew up in the Middle East (country of Jordan)] It's likely why this son helped to plan this meal as a fund-raiser for a Middle-Eastern museum being built in the DC area [I believe I've got all these facts straight])]).


 It took the four of us about an hour-and-a-half to get to the church where this meal was to be served.  The plan was to arrive early, so as to help the son of our friends to get the meal set up and ready.

As it turned out, he had all kinds of delicious food to serve, but only one friend assisting him. 
Fortunately, there was a large kitchen with a large oven and stocked with lots of serving bowls and platters.  It was fortunate for me, as well, that there were veggies and a lot of grapes to arrange on trays and bowls; it gave me the opportunity to do something both helpful and enjoyable, since I could barely name all the middle-eastern foods (much less know how to prep them)!




v



The evening was delectable.  I have yet to see the museum that this meal helped to fund, but will be sure to tell you when I do, Dear Reader Dear! 



No comments: