Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Summer Olio

Olio Bit #One:   The package below was destined for the mailbox of a friend who has a summer birthday.  On the parcel, I used photos of lilies, blooming in my flower beds right now in profuse array.  The box also featured a picture of some strawberries, and wouldn't you know, Reader Dear, this blog post features strawberries as well.



**********

Olio Bit #Two is an introduction  to Vanessa:

I happened to meet her while I was sitting on my  kitchen porch one peaceful afternoon.  She fluttered around a bit to get my attention, and then, seeing as how she was not fluent in the English language, requested that I look up her identity online.  I scrambled via my phone to find her name.

"Vanessa!" I exclaimed.  "Thanks for stopping by.  I'm so pleased to meet you!"
I took a very nice photo of her with wings outspread (alas, Viewer Dear,  I also deleted it)


I raved to her that her beauty was a marvel to behold.  Soon after that, she humbly flew away.
...............
Olio Bit #Three:
Summer Rainstorm,
followed (mere hours later) by
Summer Birthday Cake to First Son-in-Law,





**********

Bit #Four:
We've got neighbors
up the road with a berry farm.



**************












Olio Bit #Five:
Balloons.
I'm still scouring stores for rocket balloons.  My Little Actor and I tried substituting puny little water balloons, but they mostly just popped.

 
Lest you believe, Reader Dear, that my summer thus far has been a package of only beauty and tranquility and sunshine with butterflies, I fear I'll have to pop your balloon, Dear One.   Not so long ago, on one of the early days of summer, we (those in my little plot of the world) started the day with extremely lovely weather (yes, beauty and tranquility).  I wanted to spend time at my flower beds.  I wanted to spend time relaxing on the kitchen porch.  The best place to spend the day, trust me,  would have been outside.

However, there appeared a little snake in Eden.


I put up with the noisy work going on across the street (our out-of-town neighbors were having their driveway enhanced) just as long as I could bear it.  Then I came inside, closed the windows, cranked up the AC, and cranked up the volume on the CD-player.  (Sound on my laptop was woefully inadequate to the task).   Volume Level 94 had never been employed prior to this, but it took care of every screech and bump and grinding noise from across the road.  To my pleasant surprise, I didn't even have to listen to my own ugly muttering.



*********

 Olio Bits #Seven and Eight:
Two Sunday concerts in the park.
June 16, 2019--Allegro *
June 23, 2019--Liz Vice



 *Yes, it's a Summer Olio, and this concert took place in very late spring.  You will have to deal with it, I suppose.**
**Please  do note that there is a fabulous full moon in the sky, Viewer Dear. 


***********
#Nine:
Two front doors,
two grandsons,  and 
Buster the barn cat. 
*********

No comments: