Sunday, July 17, 2016

It was a Surprise

birthday party for The Yard Man's niece, this super-duper, multi-marvelous cookout that he and I attended yesterday evening.

Just listen up! Here's the menu this birthday person's dad (and a few other family members, to be sure) prepared:

*Guacamole with Chips

*Freshly-grilled Beef Kabobs
*Freshly-grilled Bacon-wrapped Chicken Kabobs
*Freshly-grilled Shrimp Kabobs
*Slow-cooked Baked Beans with Pork
*Freshly-steamed-in-the-husk
Corn-on-the-Cob
*Freshly-roasted Green Beans

*Cupcakes
*Freshly Deep-fried,
 Homemade Glazed Doughnuts
 ........

Where are all the photos, you may ask.  Alas, Viewer Dear, once the celebrated one showed up and we shouted "Surprise!"
I was far too busy eating to snap photos!

Alas, you see, I ate and ate.
I made frequent visits to the grill, to the corn-steamer, and to the table laden with dishes.
With a bit of redness to my cheeks, I'll even confess, Reader Dear, I ate more than one freshly-made doughnut.

So, here's the thing:
I ate far too much!*
*It was no surprise**.
 
**Nor was the birthday gift we carried along.  In the event you've never contemplated this, Reader Dear, I've got a Public Service Announcement: Caution! Gift-wrapping a rose bush is a prickly task. Stop before starting.

No comments: