Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Only Son is

now "over the hill"!  The chocolate cake at the birthday party bore those jarring words!

 

Fortunately for me, Dear Reader, there were lots of pleasing persons and delightful details of the party to ease my accompanying trip--my second trip "over the hill" as it were, tagging along with Only Son, my old bones creaking!

There was the party-thrower (Only Son's wife), and Matt, the friend who cooked up some terrific pulled pork, braised greens! There was Matt's wife, Alexis, who was faithful to the Big Lebowski theme of the party, and competently took care of many party details (she does it in real life, as a career [how handy is that?!]) 
There was deja vu, Reader Dear, seeing all those once-teen-aged friends of Only Son (now traveling "the hill" en masse!) with their ( naturally following) spouses and kiddos in tow!  It was such a highlight for me!


 
!There was much eating and drinking, lots of loud talking and laughing, many spills, and one little bout of singing.* Altogether, I had a marvelous time re-traipsing"the hill."
(I do believe, Reader Dear, it's gotten smaller!)
.....................................................................
*You know, that song they always sing at birthday parties.
There was the movie-watching, too.  But
that was hours after kiddos and
all the long-past-the-hill folk had left the party!





No comments: