Sunday, November 4, 2012

......

FALL BACK!  FALL BACK!   Ah, Dear Reader, that extra hour--how I love it.  It's just about the best hour of the whole entire year.  That's how I feel about it, because not only is it an EXTRA hour, but I get to decide exactly when and how I will use it up.  I can stretch it out.  Parcel it out in tiny pieces.  Recycle it, use it again and again!  Last night I was able to stay up late and still go to bed at what one might call a reasonable hour.  Playing with all those extra minutes allowed me to see the sun come up and not feel cheated of sleep. 

With this extra hour I can psych out my circadian rhythms. I won't change the time on the bedside clock for at least three days.  Tonight I'll attempt to retire an hour early and my body will be none the wiser!  "Okay, yeah, I'm tired," it'll say, in spite of the time on the clock.  Then tomorrow morning there will still be some of that delicious, free and easy time.  Oh, it'll be marvelous for a day or so...

....until, alas, I will have used up every last shred of that surplus time
 and will have to fall back to the usual
 twenty-four-seven.

......
 

No comments: