Wednesday, October 24, 2012


......

NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK after midnight, I was told by the lab.  They wanted to check my bi-species blood.  But when I called to find out the lab's hours yesterday, the woman on the other end of the line instructed me to drink a lot of water in advance of their vampire-like activity.  "You may  also have black coffee," she said.
"Coffee?!" I crowed.  "Wonderful!  It's my new addiction."
I drank two cups on the way to the lab.
The weather was so warm and fine, I opened the sun roof on the car, turned up the radio, and with that coffee coursing through my soon-to-be-seized blood, I felt ready to face the needle.
In the parking lot I found beauty in the half-dead hedge of greenery, and greeted every stranger with a great big smile.  Heck, I nearly clicked my heels. I was feeling that optimistic.

Then I marched in and told the lab technician, "Use my right arm.  The left one had a vein torn once by someone trying to draw blood.  It was hugely swollen from wrist to shoulder, I had to deal with it for weeks, and it has never been the same!"   She grimaced, and carefully stuck my right arm  with the needle.  I'm happy to say, Reader Dear, everything flowed smoothly! Ah, what a gift.  Leaving the lab,  I was still floating on my high, and supposed that the clouds were pointing the way to the rest of the frabjous day!



I went to my park (Though I didn't say it, Dear Reader, it was much later in the day when I went to the  park.  It was still frabjous, however.  Still beautiful!)  And I had a ball!  Yes, it's true.  Someone had left it for me in the middle of the large grassy area!  I looked around to make sure it wasn't a gift for someone else, and then I had to kick it a time or two.
                                






Speaking of gifts, there was also the brilliant red leaf in the afternoon sun.


(I don't like to bring it up, Reader Dear, but there was one gift I rejected, and now I'm living to rue it:  I did not wear my flip-flops. Flip-flops would have been fabulous on this frabjous day!*)

*I'm hoping they'll be another offer.

......

2 comments:

sk said...

It's obviously working.

KTdid said...

Uh, huh. Without a doubt.