Wednesday, July 18, 2012

.....

OKAY, I'M AIMING TO TELL you more, Dear Reader, about that trip to the mountains, and how we stopped by a cabin whose owner we know (It was not far off our route). Wide sky up above and small lake down below, who'd have thought, Reader Dear, that populating this cabin for the weekend was (not the owner, but) a whole group of folks we could greet by name!




And further wonder of wonders, I chanced upon a chance to take aim at taking aim! What happened was, I asked about the odd-looking blocks sitting out on the lawn, and Fred said to me, "I won't tell you, I'll show you!"

He went for his crossbow sitting there on the porch; he demonstrated it for me.
Oooohh, Reader Dear, my interest zoomed upward (perhaps in an arc) and I begged for a shot at a shot!


Now of course there are lots more little details I could carefully insert into this tale,
but I think I'll just shoot (twice) for the finish:























That's the part where Fred says to me,
"I guess we'll be calling you Dead-Eye Qathy!"


......

No comments: