Wednesday, November 17, 2010

...


YES, I KNOW THAT NOSTALGIA HAS EVERYTHING to do with choosing my childhood home as "Most Beautiful Spot on Earth." I couldn't expect many others' points of view to jibe with mine on this. It's a bit like calling one's own mother the sweetest and best--but of course!












Yet when the sun drops down the western sky and transforms the whole place into a cathedral of color and light, one whose organ music is tranquility and the gentle slapping of waves against the shoreline, the cries of water fowl, I stand on the pier
and want to shed tears at such magnificence; is it any wonder--any wonder, I ask you, Dear Reader of mine, that I'd be looking for others to fall on their knees here, as well.



Do I sound a tad melodramatic?
All right, all right, maybe just a wee bit.
I didn't weep,



though it really was one of the most stunning sunsets I've seen in a while.


















And I took lots of photos to prove it.



Except, uhm, that's not true.
I took lots of photos just because I couldn't stop myself.

















Until I got to this one, the crowning peak of the sunset.

...