Wednesday, August 11, 2010

...
...


THIS MORNING I WOKE EARLY to get to the appointed restaurant for an important breakfast meeting.

I was greeted by friends!

When I say we had a feast,
it has nothing to do with the food.
These are old friends I'm talking about--we know each other well.
The charter members of this group have been meeting together for twenty-six years!

How we pay the bill when we meet is predicated on various factors; alas, I'd have wished to bring you the lengthy discussion pertaining to this--wry comments and all. My good friends, however, would not re-enact (they're not that accommodating, and besides--I'm afraid we'd have found it too amusing [pretty good chance, since we laughed at the real-life version]. On the other hand, you, Dear Reader, quite possibly would be shaking your head or knitting your brow. What fun is that?!)

I'll just have to be more agile and stay on my toes at the next monthly meeting.
Hey, hey, did you hear me there, friends?
('Cause [pssst] I said 'monthly!')


...







...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's hiding!! Too much for her?

KTdid said...

Hey, Anony, The shy one didn't know she was hiding! It was an accident. (Sincerely, the photographer)