Tuesday, June 22, 2010

...


Add ImageCOMING TO YOU WITH AN UP-TO-THE MINUTE REPORT on my little orchard: I'll just be brief and to the point--there doesn't seem to be a very cheery cherry outlook. Let me put it this way: there likely won't be anything here for pie by and by. The tree is looking forlorn.

As for the apple, it's got five comely pieces of fruit, which leads me to believe that the pie, if there's going to be one at all, will have to be apple.














Unless pears will do. Because I've got a pair of optimistic statements concerning my pear tree:

1. It looking quite healthy, and
2...it's loaded!





Dear Reader, I'm trying to be calm and reasonable
and not to overestimate my chances of success--
but, yowzy-wowzy, this year's percentage of yield increase
could be quite whopping!

...

No comments: