Monday, June 14, 2010

...

SHUCKS, I DON'T HAVE THE PHOTOS to show you, but yesterday evening's varied activities make an eclectic list:
l. Traipsed through a greenly-built new home wearing blue booties, on the way to...
2. A picnic, where among the thirty-odd guests (none of them truly odd, one or two just a little strange) one guy was celebrating his birthday (we celebrated with him), and two couples (two!) were attending on the anniversary of the day they married (and just because I'm fascinated by this, I've got to tell you their names---Mike, Mary, Mike, Marcy). As I was leaving...
3. Got chased by a turkey (slightly domesticated, I believe, with a wattle that looked to be designed by Betsy Ross, all red-white-and-blue and flapping). When I noticed the turkey behind me, I stepped up my walk; the turkey then stepped up his walk. I moved even faster, and the turkey got a look in his eyes. I ran for the car. (That man who was was leaving the party with me found it quite hugely amusing). Much later, after a lot of listening (plus rhythmic shaking,
swinging, tapping of my limbs, fingers and toes)...



























4. I took a little walk with a
bluegrass-singing legend*,
(patted him on the back and
thanked him for the
evening of music).**







**Lots of pictures of this





*No pictures of this
(Ralph and I walked in the dark).
...



...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo . . . the odd ones other than us are . . .???

KTdid said...

Ha, Anony...only one I know for certain is slightly odd--that silly one chased by the turkey!

KTdid said...

BTW--THANX, Anony, for the comment AND for the great job of hosting!

Anonymous said...

'Twas a fun evening. Glad you showed Ralph, a long-time favorite - or was that the brother??!

KTdid said...

That is Ralph Stanley himself--83 years old! His brother died in 1966.