Sunday, May 16, 2010

...


THERE I WAS, JUST BUMBLIN' down the sidewalk, not a clue in my head I was takin' a picture (hope you don't mind, Dear Reader, that I'm droppin' my g's......I mean, I hope it's not a pet peeve of yours, or somethin' like that; it's just that it sounds so bumblin' [and didn't I just say that's what I was doin'?]

But okay, okay, on the off chance you might be grittin' your teeth, I'll be bringin' it to a screeching halt, ceasing to go g-less right now.

Yesterday it was so frabjous--in the afternoon--in the city. The Little Actor guided his grandpapa and I around the neighborhood where he lives (he was in the lead--out ahead of us there in the stroller), though he started tossing away key moments early on in the walk, and left us on our own pretty much of the time while he snoozed. I was eager to go into production mode on another movie, and set the little star to work just as soon as he awoke.



Well, the little star performed, and I did my best, but the camera-person let me down. (Lordy, lordy, I guess I have to say it...it's true: I was the camera-person bumblin' along, with the camera turned on when it should've been off and off when it should've been on.)

Needless to say, all the movies were odd, and they didn't have much of a plot (nor even a spot appearance by the Little Actor). So we stopped for refreshments at the corner cafe, then we took the little star home. The folks who take care of his house and grounds had been busy spiffing up the place. He smiled his approval at the work they'd done, then agreed to give me more film time.

So, happily, I've got this: The Case of the Laughin' Lad, in which he takes a starring role.

(Oops, most humble apologies--here's the g.)







...

No comments: