Thursday, October 8, 2009

...

I'LL DIVULGE A LITTLE SECRET. I was so busy yesterday, distracting myself from my sudden (or so it seemed) arrival over the hill, that I stashed away, still unopened, all those cards I mentioned--the ones that have been arriving in my mailbox over the past few days--so that I could, you know, savor them. That's right, I didn't open a single one until today, when I could get myself a glass of gorgeous red pomegranate juice (ice cubes clinking), sit on the balcony (afternoon sun spilling over the cushioned bench) and partake of the good wishes in those envelopes (not to mention a gift that arrived today and tickled me immensely). I smiled, I grinned, I laughed out loud. I didn't roll on the floor laughing (considering my advanced age, do you think it wise?)



It was such a pleasant activity, treasuring my storehouse of friends. I felt like some alternative version of King Midas, murmuring to myself, "I'm so wealthy," again and again.

Well, it's not like I have an excessive number of friends, but the ones I have...by golly,there's no doubt King M. would be tickled silly if he were to have their worth to me translated into gold. His eyes would be poppin' and he'd probably have to go lie down for a bit just to recover from the sight of it all.



...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's just the reaction I was hoping for!! LOL as much as possible. It is good for you!! Luv always, LTF