Sunday, February 8, 2009

...

FRABJOUS DAY!! NO DOUBT about it. I'm chortling.





When the weather so quickly pirouettes from winter to spring with a spritely flounce of warm air and sunshine, and there's the sound of snow gurgling down to its underground coffers, it leads me right up the steps for my sneakers and right back down again to pick up my camera and out...out...out the door! Sans all winter wear...not even a sweater!





Yes, I went for my walk today, for the first time since winter set in...oh, away back in November.
And the day was breathtakingly beautiful in an ordinary "foretaste-of-true-spring" way.


And I went to church today, too, although not in the usual Sunday morning sit-in-a-pew, sneak-a-peek-at-the-clock-as-the-pastor-holds-forth tradition,

but as the farthest point of my walk, where the loop through the cemetery leads me to contemplate all the dear departed souls, whose flights to worlds unknown have foretold the future for all of us.

Past the back door, where the mounds of snow have the warm hand of death upon them, as well. Across the parking lot, where the brief little sermon meandering through my head brings up visions of the trees and shrubs bursting forth with new life.


And then the final hymn of praise for this spirit-lifting day. Hallelujah!



Hallelujah. Amen!

...

No comments: