Saturday, October 25, 2008

...





OKAY, I PROMISED TO introduce you to the fourth little tree that arrived Thursday morning.
But here it is, yesterday's tomorrow already. I did mention weekend guests, did I not? They arrived several hours ago and we have only now wrapped up our evening of catching up... and talking politics. (They are Canadian and very interested in and fascinated by the political and economic maelstrom in which the U.S. finds itself. Likely a little fearful, too, as they must share this continent with us, not to mention this world economy, no matter how large and deep the quagmire we produce.)

Therefore...instead of a lengthy post going into detail regarding the tree or the visitors or my view of the political situation (oh, you really want to hear that, don't you?!) or any number of things I could go on about...it's just going to be this:


Please meet the Purple River Beech. I have high hopes for what I will reap from it. Nothing edible, but you could say that I plan to "drink it in"...that is, the form and grace of it...the loveliness and beauty. It already gives me great pleasure to look at it.

And now it is high time for me to not look at anything! To close my eyes and drift into dreamland, where Canadian visitors can run for president of this country and simultaneously run a campaign to plant fruit trees in the Himalayas while they blog about the beneficial aspects of utter nonsense.



...

No comments: