Thursday, October 16, 2008

OH, I'M STILL HERE, yes, indeed. Just nothing much exciting to report.

I mean, not excitingly exciting.

I do have this that pleases me and stirs my blood a little...

...seeing how valiantly my flowers strive to give their finest performance in the face of impending doom. The prognosis isn't good. We've already had two nights with predictions of "possible frost" and Saturday night the forecast is for a low of 37degrees. I'm concerned.


So I talk to them every day now, my blossoms. I use their pet names.

I've nurtured you through your tender new weeks and helped you to fight off the aphids. I've watered and mulched and deadheaded...

And you have done me proud! You thrived
,  forgave me for the times I was a slacker, put off the watering because it was just too hot outside.



See how you flourished!



You know I'll be thinking of you, I'll grieve your loss, my "Blue Heaven"




...and you, my "Potted Sunshine"


through all the long months ahead I'll miss you.


Thanks for the memories!



...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your flowers are breathtakingly beautiful! I think they've forgiven you for any lapse in attention!

KTdid said...

:-) Thanks! These blue salvia are just incredible...lots of years they come up again in the spring and I don't even have to re-plant!