Saturday, August 2, 2008

...

AS I WRITE THIS, I am hearing the crack and pop and boom of fireworks. They are from a nearby neighbor's party. Just a short time ago, on the way home from a movie (Mama Mia, if you must know...and it was terrific! The whole movie was like fireworks---the color, the music, the dancing, the grand finale--happy ending--but of course!) I saw two kinds of fireworks in the sky. There was the man-made kind from the local ballpark, and then little bursts of lightening between the towering thunderclouds. The thunderstorm moved on with little ado and no rain (on my corner of the world, anyway), and now the neighbors can carry on with their party and their festive entertainment. I suppose that fireworks are called for...because it was another lazy and hazy day of summer... and it's a Saturday night...and who doesn't want a little excitement--a little crazy added in.



...

No comments: