Saturday, June 20, 2020

Gripe, Gripe

Dear Reader,

D. Shopping in stores; yes, I miss it!

I have no recent illustrations of store-browsing (the physical-walk in the door of a building-stroll down aisles- handle the merchandise-perhaps even undress and put store clothing on one's body (gasp!). Reader Dear, it never occurred to me that I should take photos of such things. **

**I said.  And then, I went browsing through photos and found THIS!*** 


***What are the odds?!  I'm shopping with a friend.  We find a top that is severely discounted because the store is going out of business.  Yes, they've got both of the sizes that we need!  First we both say, "Yes."
But, hmm.
Then, we both say, "No."

We leave the store, little knowing it's the beginning of the end****.

****Oh, Reader Dear, you know what I mean.  It's about to be the end of this kind of shopping for a long time to come.  Long, long time.  
**********

With a few exceptions, all we've got now, Reader Dear, is envelopes in the U.S. mail, or great cardboard boxes arriving on steps and porches. And, then, of course, there is this:



On and on.
I'M COMPLAINING!
I'M BITTERLY  COMPLAINING!

No comments: