Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Joy of Complaint


There is lovely weather today in my neck of the woods, Reader Dear (though I don't live in a woods, and I see nothing neck-like about this spot of land where my head rests itself each night).  I won't complain about odd figures of speech, however.  And I will definitely not complain about the weather.

But, ahem.

SINCE THIS WORLD-WIDE PANDEMIC IS DRAGGING ON FOR SO LONG,  I FEEL LIKE I'VE GOT TO COMPLAIN.  For starters, I am so starved for the old way of life :

All events illustrated below, with the exception of one,  took place less than six months ago.  So, the "Old Way of Life "to which I refer  is really not all that old.  It just seems that way*
*Saving that complaint for future use.

 1.  I AM YEARNING  FOR REAL OUTINGS!
     A. I miss going to Performances:
  1. I miss Symphonies!
2. I miss Dance Performances!





3.  I miss Choirs!
4.  I miss Elementary School and/or Drum Concerts!




B. I miss Eating Out:

         1.  I miss eating out with friends!


           2. I miss eating out with  family!



            3. Heck, I even miss eating out with strangers!

C. Birthday parties....(alas)

To be Continued....
(I mean, I hope not...[you know, not the worldwide pandemic part  (I sincerely hope THAT part is NOT to be continued... [however, you know as well as I do that we've got little input on the matter])])

It's just my complaining that is likely to go on.

(And you, Reader Dear, if you prefer not to see my complaints, you have all the power in the world to hit "shut down" [do you not?).    Or--here's a bright idea--Keep on reading these moans and grievances, but make up a few for yourself, Dear One!  You could have yourself a grand old time muttering and griping and talking about the things you don't like and the things you miss.  It's The Joy of Complaint!




No comments: