Thursday, September 26, 2019

Do You Recall that Saxophone Concert

that the HM and I attended about five months ago, Reader Dear?

Please know that I will not fault you if you are exclaiming, "A concert five months ago?! Merciful Musical Mutterings, how am I to remember one particular concert out of all the various ones you're forever running to, subsequently posting to your blog?!"

Well, here's the thing.  The HM and I, we were not aware of the fall and winter Community Concerts that have been taking place locally for years and years (decades and decades, actually. Believe it or not, these concerts have taken place for scores and scores of years. It's true).  Had our friends not shared tickets with us in late winter,  we'd still be lounging on the sofa at home, possibly watching TV, during six Wednesday evenings throughout this current season of concerts.  What folly!




The HM and I, we now have season tickets.  They are such a bargain.



Next things next, Listener Dear, I must inform you that you'll be hearing about concerts all year long now--these indoor ones in the fall-winter-spring and the outdoor ones in the summer.  Get ready!



Concert One of the current season was held a few  weeks ago.  It was performed by an Irish-born man and three women who sang a lot of opera pieces.  We were asked to refrain from recording the music, but then at one point we were asked to join in.  With the HM singing there beside me, I decided I'd record the HM's  voice.





If you happen to hear Ciaran's voice as well, Listener Dear, I suppose I cannot be held responsible.

 It's not often one has two persons singing along together (in person, in such close proximity) with such feeling, regarding falling in love with the one listening  (though I can't say it's never happened before).

After the concert, there was the usual activity.
The buying of CD's was welcomed, of course.  I chose the one that included both Danny Boy and Shenandoah, and asked for an autograph. 

And then I chose a photo with the "acclaimed actor, singer, voice healer whose performances have been said to warm the heart and touch the soul."

Hmm. Yes.  I believe it's true--his singing warmed my heart and touched my soul.    Sorry you missed it, Listener Dear.*
*********
*If you care to have your heart touched and your soul warmed, please search out a performance by Ciaran Sheehan.


***********

No comments: