Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Angling up across the country

toward home (from our short stay in Asheville, North Carolina), the Yard Man and I had an excellent view of the sky.  And, oh, thank glorious goodness for that, Dear Reader; the panorama overhead provided entertainment for us throughout our whole long day of driving!  We were treated to a fantastic performance by the clouds, with bit parts by the heavenly bodies!  Just you look, Viewer Dear.  I believe you might be giving a little gasp every now and then.  Uh, huh.

 8:45 a.m.

8:50 a.m.

10:56 a.m.

11:09 a.m.

  11:26 a.m.
 (Right here, Viewer Dear, is where the clouds were not so astounding, but the view ahead [as I roused from a tiny nap] certainly took my breath away!)


 12:24 p.m.


12:28 p.m.

12:30 p.m.
12:31p.m.

12:52 p.m.
5:29 p.m.
5:41 p.m.

 6:41 p.m.
"The moon!"
I exclaimed with glee to the Yard Man.

6:43 p.m.

6:52p.m.
And here I shrieked, "It's a rainbow!"
(Yes, yes, Viewer Dear, I know it is a sun dog.  I'm just not in the habit, you see, of shrieking, "It's a sun dog!"
  
7:25 p.m.
 

7:54p.m.
It was the grand finale.


No comments: