Sunday, May 15, 2016

There is no catching up, of course...

but I'll attempt to run along behind, dropping photos and notes in a semi-jumbled way.  And, Reader Dear, speaking of a semi...er, semis: This is Mothers Day. Every year, to celebrate the occasion, there is a parade of trucks that stream up and down a stretch of highway not far from where the Yard Man and I live.  It strikes me as an idea that was thought up by someone with a mother, but very likely not someone who is a mother.  Each year, without fail, I am taken off-guard when I first pull from the ramp onto the highway and find massive numbers of massive trucks.  "Where's the fire?!" I wonder.

And then I see the carloads of folks, the little clusters sitting on blankets and lawn chairs, these people who all have mothers, or had them in the past, celebrating on the sides of the highway.



No comments: