Thursday, October 28, 2010

...

I HADN'T BEEN TO VISIT MR. BULLFROG for much, much too long, so yesterday afternoon I put on my walking shoes and went to the park. I figured if I couldn't get there on a day like this one (it seemed like summer, but with autumn falling down all around), there wasn't much hope for getting back into my walking routine before the whiteness of winter is what's falling all around!


















After not having seen my park for at least a month, I hopped out of the car eagerly and set out on the loop. I saw there were three dogs walking the trail with their owners. To myself, I named these dogs: Small, Medium and Large; and then the owners: these guys I called Mr. Large, Mr. Medium, and Mr. Small. It was really rather comical--the big man with the dachshund, the small guy with the, uh...some kind of jumbo dog. And of course, Mr. Medium was walking the Beagle.

But, really, it was Mr. Bullfrog (I guess I should call him Tiny) with whom I was hoping to visit. So when I got to his area of the park, I was shocked and surprised to see that his home had been greatly disturbed. He was nowhere around.


I have no idea if the place was condemned and he had to pack his bags for good, or if what's going on is simply renovations---and I'll see him again when they're complete.

I do hope it's the latter.


...

No comments: