Saturday, January 30, 2010

...


This posting is going to have a title--I'm just debating what it shall be. I'm thinking of using this:
HOW IT CAME ABOUT THAT I TOOK A FIFTEEN-MINUTE SHOWER AT FIVE-FIFTEEN ON A SATURDAY MORNING, SHAMPOOED MY HAIR THREE TIMES, THEN GARGLED SOY MILK, though it seems a bit lengthy. LAVENDER LOOPINESS is another possibility. There's also: AN IMPROPER FEELING.

Here's what I've decided: I'll tell you the tale, Dear Reader, and let you decide which title is most fitting (or come up with a better one, and I have a small prize for you!).

Okay, then--This morning I woke while it was still very early......oh, but wait! Perhaps it would be more fun if you were to guess what happened to me. I know I love to play guessing games. When the man who's my long-time dinner companion sits down to the table and says, "You wouldn't believe who I ran into this afternoon!" or "You'll never guess what happened at the office today!" my heart speeds up a notch and I say, "Wait!! Wait!! Don't tell me!!" I say it like that--really quickly and emphatically--because I really do love to guess. And everyone knows "I'll bet you can't guess" is just an expression. He's not actually offering me a challenge. Of course, this man's been eating with me for ever so long, and he knows by now I might still be hounding him with questions as we clear the table. (Though, honestly, it doesn't usually take me that long.) Most of the time he humors me.

On the other hand, he does not like to guess. He wants the facts! Yes, sir, just lay them out! None of this silly business of lengthy interrogation--Was it a man or a woman? Did it make you laugh? Was everyone amused, or only you? Does she have red hair? So this morning, when this same man heard me coughing and spitting and blowing my nose in the bathroom, and running the shower, and he came to ask, "Are you sick?!" I immediately answered no, and I poured out my story.

So what'll it be? Would you care to guess, Dear Reader,* or would you rather I just tell the tale?
If no one is curious at all, I'll simply keep my mouth shut. Or, uh...well....
*In the event there is more than one of you, I'll play it by ear.
Though it might be more appropriate to play it by eye.



...

9 comments:

gyjb50 said...

You have me quite curious, but only if it's not a pucky kind of story. I hope you are okay!

KTdid said...

Oh, no. Rest assured--no puking! "poured out" is a clue, but nothing poured from my body (except the story)!

Anonymous said...

Tell!!

sk

mombi50 said...

Oh,yes...Do tell!(I haven't a clue,but I assume everything's ok,right?)

LTF said...

A big creepy bug had gotten into your pillowcase while it was out on the clothesline. It enjoyed the warmth of the house so it settled in and had a family there. You woke up in the night to find the mother and offspring having an adventure through the maze of your wavvy head of hair. Freaked out, you ran to the bathroom...well, the rest you already wrote. The episode name is "La Cucharacha"!!

KTdid said...

Oh, dear LTF, I've been ROFL for...let's see, two minutes and fourteen seconds now. What an excellent, creepy-crawly guess! But, alas, not quite the actual chain of events. The prize (1/3 bottle essential oil of lavender) sits waiting.

Anonymous said...

You reached drowsily for the glass of water on your nightstand and brought, instead, to your lips, your jar of lavender sensual massage moisturizing lubricant.

sk

LTF said...

Yes, the clue is in the fact that there is only 1/3 of a bottle of oil left!!

KTdid said...

You sleuths are doing an excellent job--but still off the mark!
(I may have to tell)