Thursday, November 19, 2009

...


COME BACK IN TIME WITH ME, DEAR READER.



















I'd like to show you some history.



I'm taking you to a time when things seemed to move at a slower pace.



One didn't spend so much time communicating via technological advances and traveled around in simple and natural ways.



Another huge benefit of this time period was the fabulous, warm, and blue-sky weather.  I can assure you, Reader Dear, that whole, entire Colonial period there was downright delightful weather!
Hmm. I see you raising your eyebrows. You should...Oh! Wait...dear me...you didn't suppose I was dragging you back three hundred years, now did you?! Good heavens, no!
My intent was to bring you back a mere three days. To give you a peek at my morning-long span of time in Williamsburg, Virginia. En route home, don't you know, from Uncle Sammy's funeral. Yes, yes, that's the earlier time to which I did refer: After a delectable breakfast with my horse-driving man, we took a stroll; like I said, the pace was slow, cell phones turned off, the weather, oh, so balmy. We tasted every sample in ye olde peanut shoppe (and then bought more--no peanut beats those good Virginia goobers!) There was the outdoor herb shop and the carriages to inspect. Truly, I was reluctant to speed forward into time and leave behind that fine Colonial period!



...

No comments: