Monday, November 16, 2009

...


AS THE GOOD BOOK SAYS: There's a time to be born and a time to die. And then, of course, there's all that time in between. In which I just found myself rushing through a one-week portion bookmarked by a timely birth and a timely death--a blessed beginning and a blessed end. Of the former event, Dear Reader, you've been greatly informed. Of the latter, this much I can say: My Uncle Sam was a very good man. I loved his genuine smile. This younger brother of my father was his sidekick in many a shenanigan. Oh, the tales my dad could tell! As well, throughout their lives, both brothers had a knack for lending a hand to others.

Thus, the crowd at his funeral yesterday was swelled by those paying tribute to the gifts and talents he so freely shared. Yes, Uncle Sam led a long life and he led a good life. And declaring as much, the very southern preacher then said, "Can I get an amen?!"



...

No comments: