Saturday, August 8, 2009

...




















I GOT UP EARLY THIS MORNING TO MAKE SURE the sun came up.



















I noticed whoever was in charge didn't slip up...there it was, right on schedule, lighting the sky on the eastern horizon.



















I haven't been contacted about taking a turn yet, but when I do I'm going to be awfully nervous
about setting the alarm clock.



















Imagine if it failed to go off...all the early-risers in the universe would notice the screw-up and shake their heads.




















Maybe the goof-up would be blamed on my country of origin, or my political persuasion. Of course, the case could be that my gender, age or degree of conscientiousness would be the talking point. I'm guessing, however, it would be the fact that I stay up entirely too late at night. Tsk, tsk, she's one of those night-owls--fritter-frattering away the wee hours--such folks should never be trusted with the job, even in the middle of winter!


So the fact is, I'd just as soon not have the responsiblity. Really, it would be a frightfully awesome task. I'm so hoping the one in charge at present will continue to carry on.


He/ She's been doing a really phenomenal job thus far, thank God! In fact, such a good job that I don't think I'll bother getting up to check tomorrow morning.



...