Tuesday, July 28, 2009

...

WITH NON-RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES being furiously dug and pumped and pick-axed out of the ground at an alarming rate, and growing ever scarcer, I'm all for cutting back on the use of them, as long as I don't have to expend too much of my own (admittedly renewable, but often precious) supplies of energy. So while I can't quite imagine working my fingers to the bone on a scrub-board, it's nearly as difficult to think of tossing a whole load of freshly-laundered towels and washclothes into the electric dryer on a day when the warm summer breezes are so happy to oblige. They even indulge me by infusing the laundry with that lush, green and sunny scent of which I'm so fond!





...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple--and profound. sk

Gail said...

What a pretty sight!