Thursday, June 21, 2012

......

"BUT THE MOTHER OF THE GROOM," protests my friend, "is supposed to wear beige and shut up!"
This friend of mine is going to be the mother of a groom. But (ahem) there was never a chance in hel... (I mean) here-comes-the-bride-until-there-go-the-blissful-newlyweds-in-a-shower-of-rice that this woman is going to keep her mouth shut! And now, neither will she wear beige! Now that I've found her a fabulous shade of blue silk scarf with which to make a dress!

You see, Reader Dear, this woman is an A-One, Top-Notch, Super-Duper seamstress. In fact, I would button-hole her as one of the best sewing persons I know! (Hmm. I was going to use the term sewer, but something didn't smell right about that word!) She's often made clothing out of scarves, and this one that I spotted in the shop where we shared the tiramisu (There's a small cafe at the store) seemed custom-made for her! But she kept zig-zagging and throwing a snag into my designs! "There's only one scarf! I'd need three to make a dress," she argued.

"Well," I said. "I'll just see if they have more!" And I marched right off to find out.

Admittedly, Dear Reader, I had my doubts about the chances of finding more scarves. This one I'd found was in a "marked-down" room. It was hanging in a Half-Off Sale!

But, oh my, it was precisely the shade of blue that made her eyes look bluer. And the pattern on the scarf was tastefully understated. And the tassels on the edges of the scarf--what a unique embellishment to work into the pattern of the dress! And, well...when a sales clerk pulled out of a drawer the last two of these scarves to be had, I told that woman (my friend, you know) that the blue silk dress was meant to be!

Can you believe it, Reader Dear? She was still hesitating, hemming (and hawing, if you will)! But aha, she did buy those scarves!

So we shall see. We shall see.



And hopefully we shall see
(that elegant blue dress on the
communicative mother of the groom!)

.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiramisu looks like the very best kind. I'm an expert, you know!

gyjb50 said...

If it so happens that this dress is made from the three scarves, I would like to see a picture of it. I'm intrigued.

KTdid said...

Anony, but of course you are a tiramisu pro! You should know!
Q.

KTdid said...

gyjb50...Oh, you will certainly see!

KTdid said...

Hi anony...now that I know it is YOU,
I sure wish we could share some tiramisu! q.