Monday, June 18, 2012

......

I GOT THE CALLS last night-- two messages from Best Buy, one of them a computer voice and one of them a human geek, both leaving the same notice-- "Just to let you know that your laptop is repaired and ready for pickup at your earliest convenience!" Oh, it put me up on a small cloud (perhaps a Three [maybe Four, though not nearly a Nine]).  Friday afternoon I'd been informed that it could be as long as five days before they could rid my little media marvel of its freakish illness. So today, between my trip to the hardware store for copies of keys and the trip to apartment-newly-rented to get the lease signed, I made the trip to Best Buy. "Here it is!" The geek handed it over, clean and shiny and supposedly in good health!
"And you're SURE you fixed the original complaint--the reason I brought it in--that stubborn problem with picture position--not being able to rotate and save?" I asked.
"Well, here,"
he replied, and he found the photo of Scout, that little happy birthday girl (one of the photos I'd taken vertically and couldn't coax out of a lying-down position*). Just like that he set her upright and smiling.

He stood the chef on his feet, as well.

And then, as though on a reverse rampage, he set about flipping all those tables and chairs (and the folks sitting in them) into an upright position!















By the time I left that store, I was so pleased with the better position it put me in!





......
*(Music Friday, Viewer Dear! All of them scenes from Music Friday!)

No comments: