Friday, April 24, 2020

AARRRGGHHH

Reader Dear.  It's not a concern that the world (in my tiny corner of it) is cloudy and gray this morning.  It doesn't really matter that things inside the house have grown slightly dirty and disheveled.  In spite of such factors,  there are still many things about which to rejoice:


After all, look at this:   The HM and I continue to dine well! Yesterday I put on mask and gloves and set out for two different spots where food stuffs are being sold.  Now, we're reveling in FRESH FRUIT!  FRESH VEGETABLES! DAIRY ITEMS! MEAT!  CHOCOLATE!  (It goes without saying [though you'll notice I'm saying it anyway, Dear Reader] we get a constant supply of eggs from the HM's girls in the chicken coop!*

******
When I'm tired of rejoicing,
all I have to do is dwell on the fact that the entire Planet Earth is in the grip of a pandemic.

*******
I fear I'll never sing the "Happy Birthday" song again with such joyous goodwill.

*******
Perhaps I'll never reach out to shake the hand of a fellow human being again with such abandon.

*******
Will I ever linger in the aisles of a supermarket again, reading labels...560 mg. of sodium per serving?! Who cares--grab the can of soup and run! (another shopper is headed my way [and coughing!])?

*******



U.S. Postal mail from the black mail box with the red flag*...will I ever pull it from the black box again without pondering the (colorless) viral germs with which it's possibly infested?

********

AARRRGGHHH!
********

*(Ms. Black, the [black] chicken  [photograph above], believes it is her private box [though she seldom sees it])

**HM carries them to the kitchen door like the precious gifts that they are.
I accept them as such.


...(to be continued)***...

***If all goes well, Reader Dear, if all goes well...

No comments: