Wednesday, August 15, 2018

End Times


A department store that has maintained a spot in the local mall for the mall's entire existence (in excess of forty years) is now closing its doors.

The store is going out of business, selling out to the bare walls.
Fixtures, shelving, display cases and clothing racks are for sale.  In addition, they've got a small throng of fake humans that are ready to be carted away for a price.

To be honest, Dear Reader, it's a little creepy.










It was the other day, when I was in the store perusing the final merchandise, that I came across these fake humans.  I was carrying on a slightly one-sided conversation with them when a real-and-actual woman approached.  She needed some assistance in transporting one of the handicapped females (legless, headless) to the sales counter across the store.  I helped the actual female by transporting the arms of the fake female.


Consequently, the woman who was breathing and smiling vowed to name the breathless, unsmiling  one  after me*.



********************
*(Small confession: I requested it)

No comments: