Friday, September 5, 2008


MORE PEPPER PORTRAITS. Remember that post back in July, when I doubted my ability to twiddle my thumbs and forego harvesting the lovely green peppers nearly breaking down the branches of my pepper plant? Well, here you have it folks...my reward for waiting! Peppers can store up solar power like nobody's business, generously delivering it to you via whopping portions of Vitamin C and beta carotene. Not to mention their eye appeal! The vegetable bin in my refrigerator is like a jewelry box when I've got a couple of these adding pizazz to the jumble of zucchinis and squash. They certainly do accessorize a salad of any sort.

These three, the first of my harvest, were so stunning that I had to use resolve to cut into them. There went the work of art I'd made by tucking a flashy little patty-pan* between them. And there went my bounty. There are plenty more that are blushing furiously, but still adolescent. Considering the fact that when they've been drizzled with olive oil, lightly sprinkled with salt, and roasted, I could quite easily chow down one or two of these big mamas at one sitting, three seems a skimpy number.

*Patty-Pan. I love that name. The silly part of my brain must follow it with Daddy-Dan.


...

No comments: