Saturday, September 6, 2008


......

AFTER WEEKS OF NO rain, we got it in cats and dogs today! Hurricane Hanna arrived to rescue us from brown crunchy grass and withered plants, gasping for moisture. The green things were dancing wildly in their glee, as you can see....and I was (not dancing) but happy as well, even though it was not the kind of weather that is conducive to hauling cardboard and newspapers to the recycling center.

Nor was it pleasant to load up cars and a U-Haul in steady rain--it's what my son and his wife, his father-in-law and various helpers were doing this morning, in preparation for an out-of-state move.

Most of my help was conveniently accomplished indoors. But when they headed off toward their destination, they left boxloads of "another man's treasures" in my car. Indeed, lots of boxloads and bagfuls. In a rush to dispose of it, I drove directly to the thrift shop. Of course, that's when Hanna really let loose! If someone opens a faucet over your head, it's a little hard to function.

Thus, I slogged two boxes out of the car, fought the wind with my umbrella, gave up, and drove home soaked to the skin. Then I stepped outside my kitchen door and took this little clip of nature. If you look closely you can see the sheets of rain descending.




And then Mr. ROY G. BIV showed up with an "oops-forgive-me" to all those folks who had planned a big barbeque, a yard sale or (gasp) an outdoor wedding. Look at him there, calmly gracing the sky just an hour or two after I took the video!


...

No comments: