Friday, September 6, 2019

Yep, Still at the Vacation Spot

And, now for The Big She-Bang!

My Amiga Preciosa, who lives in the very same valley where this vacation house stands, had suggested (when she heard we were coming there) that we get all of our follow-afters together for a big reunion.  It sounded like a great idea!  "Yes," I said.  "Oh, yes!"

Consequently, we had a great deal of communicating  back and forth.  My friend had invited the whole (enormous) group (all descendants) to come to her (and P's) house for the get-together.

But, I had said, "Why not come to this vacation house? There is a pool!  And a hot tub!  And the house is so BIG!"  

"Well, hmmm, okay," said my friend.

But then, she was second-guessing.  And, I was conferring with my daughters.

Which location? What day? Which  meal? What food?

We finally agreed on having the get-together at the vacation house.

My friend said,
"Here's what I'll bring: A Taco Salad, everything served separately so everyone can build their dinner however they choose!" (And she sent me a photo to help with the decision).  It sounded (and looked) like a terrific idea!

Keep in mind, Reader Dear, that this Big She-Bang was going to be the very first of its kind (you know, with these particular people [and during the past twenty-odd (or perhaps thirty-odd) years])! And, if everyone attended, there would be thirty-plus people.

"I think you'd better come (across states) and visit me," I told my friend. "We need to have a Summit Meeting to discuss this event!" 

Reader Dear, the Summit Meeting did not occur.  But, you know, of course, that the large  reunion did happen.  And, I'm here to tell you about it.   Both of the "shes" who planned it deemed it a huge success!
*****

It was late afternoon, on the day of the Big She-Bang.  The actual meal, served up, was one of the first successes of the evening. I'm afraid, Dear Viewer, you can't see the crocks filled with meat, and the beans, and the plate of avocados and the corn and tomatoes and cucumber slices and onion and grated cheese...and, well...the food in itself was a big deal!

HM and I had stopped at Costco and grabbed a few boxes of ice cream and chocolate syrup and a case of drinks.  I don't need to tell you that , I , most certainly, had the easy part in this extravaganza!



Gracias a Mi Amiga



The food was terrific!  The weather was fabulous--temps fell through the 80's--with sunshine!  My Horse Man found a fellow horse enthusiast! My children connected with the adult versions of these friends from childhood!  Even my shyest small actor did some mingling!

There was lots of eating! Lots of talking!  Lots of laughing! Lots of jumping in the pool!



Fortunately, we had a photographer among us who (in addition to me snapping pics all around) recorded some of our moments in time.

I'm crediting her with our fun and frantic final photos of the forty of us (not quite that many, but who's counting?!)





Take One
Take Two
Take Three! 



*****
****
Then, Thank You, Thank you!
Good-bye, Good-bye!**

**Oh, yes.  Let's do it again!

No comments: