Monday, January 14, 2019

So, then it was Christmas Time

This year, hallelujah, Christmas was the usual:

The Tree:
As usual, the Yard Man was giving rides to Christmas tree shoppers.
As usual, after mulling the pros and cons of procuring a live tree,  I went to the Christmas tree farm and took a ride in his wagon.  I strolled around through the acres of trees (as usual) and finally tagged one.







The Set-up:

As usual, I dragged the Christmas tree holder and the multitude of decorative ornaments down from the attic.


As always, dressing the tree made me happy. (Undressing was somewhat of a drudge).

The Grand, Happy Hullabaloo:




The Dismantling:


 Reader Dear, as usual, I felt a slight twinge of sorrow for the tree, denuded and lying in the bitter cold, destined for the Yard Man's burn pile, awaiting cremation*.
********************

*Reminded myself it's the way of all living things.  And, Christmas will be here again quite before I'm ready!

********************
(My shameful little secret--there are still three Santas smiling on my kitchen counter. Reader Dear,  I believe [for my sake] they will have to spend the winter there.  I vow to banish them to the attic just as soon as I spot a daffodil blooming outside! [or slightly before]) 

No comments: