Friday, September 1, 2017

Eight days ago,

The Yard Man got on a train, and then hopped aboard a plane.
He flew to Germany to a horse event.
Here, Reader Dear, are all the important facts:

He had a fine time, and ate lots of German food.
He rented a German car (Reader Dear, I'm calling it a German car.  I have no idea where his car was made, but I know where he rented it).
He drove as fast as he wished (up to 160 kilometers per hour [no speed limits!]*)
He saw lots of German horses.
He visited with German friends. He saw lots of marvelously picturesque villages in Germany and Switzerland (Aha! Yes, he also made a brief visit to Switzerland).
He drove over a very high Swiss-German mountain.

He left Germany yesterday at 2:00 a.m. (my time)
He arrived at the train station yesterday evening at 7:53 p.m. (our time)


He hand-delivered some wine to me from a German family.**
This family, Dear Reader, has been making wine for four hundred years!
They farm with horses! 

**And this just in:
Ooo-la-la, der Wein ist köstlich!




















(More later)
......................................
*Yes, Reader Dear, he said it:  "I went up to 160 kilometers per hour".  When we figured out the MPH, he gulped.
"That can't be right!" he said.
"Ha!" said I.

No comments: