Wednesday, October 14, 2015

There Was a Time

Reader Dear, when I dished up a gallimaufry every so often. It's been a while, but I'm fixin' to sling another one your way ahora:


First of all, there are bees in my gallimaufry.
They are the kind that form communes under the vinyl siding of rental units, and make their merry entrances at through-the-wall air conditioning units.  Oh, how they populate! They've got flocks of would-be members clambering to join every day!











I'm also serving you the variety of bees to whom I've been  serving up pears.

This year they've got a real bonanza!
And speaking of pears. 
Some kind of culprit is doing damage to my teeny tiny orchard  (see center of photo) I know not who or what.  Any chance you can help me out, Viewer Dear?!
(The bees and I will  wholeheartedly thank you!)

..................................................


Chimney woes (of the rental-house type) were also going to be in this olio.  But, (cough, sputter, choke) I've decided they are much too sour!  
.....................................................


Here's a sweet touch.

I had a birthday (same as you always do, Dear Reader!) with a little party outside of the Costco store. The Tiny Actor gave me special gifts that he chose with care from his collection of small vehicles. I cherish them (The hippie van and the backhoe)!

There were, in fact, numerous small parties.  One celebration had The Small Actor delivering his gift and helping me to unwrap it (both of us eager to see what it might be).
It was a terrific CD!*

There was also the delightful party with the four-way shared dessert and the savoring of long-time friendships!














There was even a quite minuscule  party held on the kitchen porch, where the lone celebrant was marveling over (and grateful for) the U.S. Postal Service, more of her cherished, long-time friendships, and the good fortune to be born at such a stunning time of year. (She wasn't all that excited by the number of candles that weren't on the cake that she didn't serve at the party)!

...................................











......................................................
*Can't Forget 
by the great Leonard Cohen

No comments: