Saturday, May 19, 2012

......

I WAS TAKING A STROLL in my park the other day, and saw a sight I've never seen there before: Gold-diggers!

I soon noticed there was a whole passel of 'em. "It's a good hobby for all of us to do as a family," explained the mother. She had just found a quarter!
"But," she rued, "it's not an old one. Anything before 1964 is good--it's silver!"
(Okay, Reader Dear, I won't quibble. They were silver-diggers!)

Oh, my, it sounded good to me--just wave the magic wand
until it tells you where the treasure is buried. Then dig a little hole.





The suspense!
The discovery!
The excitement!
"I've gotta get me one of these things!"
I exclaimed.




And then. Well.




I began to realize that more than just liking
the idea of gold-digging (er, silver-digging)......
I would really have to DIG IT!

...

No comments: