Saturday, March 28, 2009

...

HAVE YOU HEARD...SADIE'S GOT A NEW DRESS ON?!

There was a whole lotta pickin' goin' on tonight (I'm not talkin' noses here--although, who's to know?--I was sitting in the second row, with nine hundred or so foot-tappin' hand clappin' fans behind me.) While I wouldn't say bluegrass is my favorite musical genre, I do like it a lot and I can't sit still as well as the best of 'em.




It was Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver clued me in to Sadie's new frock, and provided lots more entertainment at the longest-lasting concert I've ever attended. Beginning at 6:30pm, the fingers plucked and strummed and bowed the strings until 11:10pm.



Sharing the stage was another band--The Bluegrass Brothers, with some mighty fine talent of their own.




I left the auditorium with a thought of relief that feasting on bluegrass is like feasting on celery---you don't gain weight no matter how much you gorge. Otherwise, I'd a been waddlin' out of there for sure!

...

2 comments:

goodbadi said...

Celery--how perfect! I saw Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver one time--it was a terrific performance--and got scolded for having sneaked in at the intermission. "It's a benefit concert," a man in front of me said.

KTdid said...

and sure enough, and you benefited, didn't you?