Wednesday, February 4, 2009

...


SO MUCH FOR BAD-MOUTHING the snow. Just like that, I wake up to a most lovely snowfall, the deepest of the season. It's the kind that inconveniences me not at all and everywhere I go there is excessive beauty.


The snow arrived during the wee hours of the morning. The plows tidied up the roads early. The husband cleaned off the porch and walkways. The sun came out.




I think how interesting it would be to have a bonfire in the meadow now.


And if we needed extra tables, perhaps we could borrow them from the store where I go for groceries. Interestingly enough, they have no customers at their little ice cream shop eating area.

On my way to the grocery store, I had passed my Dr. Seuss tree, wrapped in a winter blanket.



Then on the way to the bank, my next errand, I was delighted by this perfectly decorated evergreen.


When I went to the bank's drive-through, I was impressed by the enhancements that had been made to the building.


I had one more errand...over to Fair View to collect a broken knob from a water faucet. Along the way, I collected these sights as well:






And at the bridge:




This would be a wonderful way to wrap up winter weather, I think. Darn that groundhog!

...

2 comments:

broncoberry said...

Do you remember the wonderful snow on Feb. 5, 1979 that kept me in Lancaster a couple of extra days?
And do you remember the bunny cake we made for Justin's third birthday?

KTdid said...

I well remember! And do you recall the lovely icing on the cake? tee hee.